Cats are the most lovable creature of God. This adorable animal owns our hearts. We can’t resist loving them, and your love for the cute cats took you on this blog.
Everyone among us took our cat’s expressions differently, and there is always something unique in it. For you, we have collected some best, funny and inspirational quotes that have been emphasized by famous people.
There is a famous saying that says: People who don’t like cats were probably mice in an earlier life.”
These best 40 cat quotes are all you want either for your collection in the photo gallery, Instagram caption, or for the caption of your cute cat picture.
Also Read: Top 30 Funny Cat Pictures
So I assure you that these funny and profound quotes are all that you need for today!
Best cat quotes!
None of us is unaware of our cat’s mood. You also must have experienced the notorious and inspiring nature of your cat. For you, we have collected some of the best cat quotes that you can relate to your pet.
According to your taste, you can jump to any category:
- Funny quotes
- Inspirational quotes
- Love quotes
- Famous quotes
- Kitten quotes
- Some sayings
Funny Cat Quotes
The love you have for your cat is because of the funny acts of your cat. Cats run on their moods, once you see them under the table and the other second they are on their shoulders. We actually cannot predict what is going to be the next action of them. You can surely relate these funny cat quotes with reality.
- “Cats have it all – admiration, an endless sleep, and company only when they want it.” – Rod McKuen
- “Owners of dogs will have noticed that, if you provide them with food and water and shelter and affection, they will think you are God. Whereas owners of cats are compelled to realize that, if you provide them with food and water and affection, they draw the conclusion that they are God.” – Christopher Hitchens
- “One day I was counting the cats and I absent-mindedly counted myself.”
― Bobbie Ann Mason, Shiloh and Other Stories
- “Women and cats will do as they please, and men and dogs should relax and get used to the idea.”
― Robert A. Heinlein
- “The problem with cats is that they get the same exact look whether they see a moth or an ax-murderer.”-Paula Poundstone
- “Cats can work out mathematically the exact place to sit that will cause the most inconvenience.” –Pam Brown
Inspirational Cat Quotes
At times animal behavior taught you such lessons that cannot be learned otherwise. Cats also have guts to inspire you. Your cat might also be showing something new to you. You can share your experience with us in the comments too. You want to know how the cat inspires you. Have a look at these inspirational cat quotes:
- “Everything I know I learned from my cat: When you’re hungry, eat. When you’re tired, nap in a sunbeam. When you go to the vet’s, pee on your owner.” -Gary Smith
- “That’s the great secret of creativity. You treat ideas like cats: you make them follow you.”
- “A cat is an example of sophistication minus civilization.”-Anonymous
- “How we behave toward cats here determines our status in heaven.” – Robert A. Heinlein
- “Cats know how to obtain food without labor, shelter without confinement, and love without penalties.” – W. L. George
- “There are two means of refuge from the miseries of life: music and cats.” – Albert Schweitzer
- “Cats seem to go on the principle that it never does any harm to ask for what you want.” – Joseph Wood Krutch
- “Cats choose us; we don’t own them.” – Kristin Cast
Love Cat Quotes
Cats are all about affection and warmth. We know that all of you love your cats badly, but still, sometimes you feel difficulty in expressing your love. So while showing your love for cats, you can take help from these love cat quotes.
- “Just watching my cats can make me happy.”-Paula Cole
- The memories and paw print of a beloved cat remains in our heart and soul forever.” – Unknown
- “I have felt cats rubbing their faces against mine and touching my cheek with claws carefully sheathed. These things, to me, are expressions of love.” – James Herriot
- “A happy arrangement: many people prefer cats to other people, and many cats prefer people to other cats.” – Mason Cooley
- “I’m not sure why I like cats so much. I mean, they’re really cute obviously. They are both wild and domestic at the same time.” – Michael Showalter
- “I love my cats more than I love most people. Probably more than is healthy.” – Amy Lee
- “If a dog jumps into your lap it is because he is fond of you, but if a cat does the same thing it is because your lap is warmer.”—A.N. Whitehead
- “The trouble with sharing one’s bed with cats is that they’d rather sleep on you than beside you.” –Pam Brown
Famous Cat Quotes
For many decades cats have been praised by famous writers. Notable personalities have discussed cats because of their independent nature and spirit of their body. Some of those notable cat quotes are mentioned here:
- “Perhaps one reason we are fascinated by cats is because such a small animal can contain so much independence, dignity, and freedom of spirit. Unlike the dog, the cat’s personality is never bet on a human’s. He demands acceptance on his own terms.” – Lloyd Alexander
- “Dogs have owners, cats have staff.” –Unknown
- A lie is like a cat: You need to stop it before it gets out the door, or it’s really hard to catch.”—Charles M. Blow
- “Cats are inquisitive, but hate to admit it.”-Mason Cooley
- “Never try to out stubborn a cat.”― Robert A. Heinlein, Time Enough for Love
- “A cat has absolute emotional honesty: human beings, for one reason or another, may hide their feelings, but a cat does not.” – Ernest Hemin
We are sure you haven’t seen anything as cute as kittens. We all fall in love with the feline at first sight. These kitten quotes explain the affection we all have with kittens:
- “Gather kittens while you may, Time brings only sorrow; And the kittens of today; Will be old cats tomorrow.” -Oliver Herford
- “A kitten is in the animal world what a rosebud is in the garden.” – Robert Southey
- It is a very inconvenient habit of kittens (Alice had once remarked) that, whatever you say to them, they always purr.”—Lewis Carroll (author, Alice’s Adventures in Wonderland)
- “A kitten is the delight of a household. All day long a comedy is played out by an incomparable actor.” –Champfleury
- “Kittens are angels with whiskers.” – Alexis Flora Hope
Some Cat Sayings
Here are some short, simple yet best quotes about cats. Have a look!
- “If cats could talk, they wouldn’t.”-Nan Porter
- “Like all pure creatures, cats are practical.” – William S. Burroughs
- “Cats will outsmart dogs every time.” – John Grogan
- “Like all pure creatures, cats are practical.” –William S. Burroughs
- “Cats choose us; we don’t own them.”—Kristin Cast
- “You cannot look at a sleeping cat and feel tense.” – Jane Pauley
- “Cats, like men, are flatterers.”—Walter Savage Landor
Do you love these sayings? Let us know about the quote that you liked the most. You can also share your most favorite quote that is not added to this blog.